Thursday 16 July 2015

Bharva Paneer Pakode|Stuffed Cottage Cheese fritters

I am a greedy girl and I want all of my favourite food regularly.Especially the comfort food made by my mom(READ fried snacks).





Yes my MA makes the most delicious,ravishing,mouth watering comfort food.
Since last one week ,I am feeling a little lost and missing my mom a lot.Although we stay in same city,but my busy schedule(as a doctor) doesnt allow me to visit my mom very often.By the way a city like MUMBAI makes me travel for 2.5 hours to reach my moms place.And we call it same city...phew((((




So whenever I miss my mom I make her fuss free comfort food.And this time it is Stuffed cottage cheese fritters.







My stomach is churning,heart is craving and mouth is watering for this yummy snacks.Lets start cooking.

Preparation time:20 to 25 minutes
Cooking time:10 minutes
Serves:4 to 5

Ingredients:

15 to 16 cubes of cottage cheese
Vegetable Oil for frying
Stuffing of fritters:

  1. 1 cup grated onion(squeeze water completely)
  2. 1 tbsp grated ginger garlic
  3. 1 tsp red chilli powder
  4. 1 tsp garam masala
  5. 1 tsp dry mango powder
  6. 2 tsp salt
Batter for dipping fritters into before frying:
  1. 2.5 cups bengal gram lentil flour(besan)
  2. water as required
  3. 1 tsp turmeric powder
  4. 1 tsp red chilli powder
  5. Salt as required(as stuffing also has salt)

RECIPE:

  1. Take a bowl.Add all ingredients of stuffing in it.Mix well .
  2. Take one cube of cheese at a time,split it length wise but dont cut them completely.You will get a pocket in which you can fill your stuffing.
  3. Fill all cubes with stuffing with the help of butter knife.
  4. Take another bowl.Add all ingredients of batter in it.Mix well so as to get a thick batter of dropping consistency with no lumps.
  5. Take a thick bottomed pan with vegetable oil.Place it on low flame.
  6. Dip the stuffed cubes of cottage cheese in batter completely.Place these cubes in hot oil.Let it fry on low flame for 2 minutes and then on high flame for 2 minutes till it gets golden brown.
  7. Fry all cubes like this.Serve hot with Mint coriander chutney|Dhaniya pudina chutney.


  1. You will also like:

8 comments :

  1. I LOVE paneer pakodas! I especially love them stuffed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Whitney.this recipe is truly lovable.

      Delete
  2. I had no idea how to make this...your directions are wonderful to follow along. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recipe! My daughter loves Paneer Pakoda a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Saumya.my son loves them too.they are kids favourite.

      Delete
  4. These pakoras looks scrumptious and very unique! Will be trying for sure.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really really love Paneer that is fried. I have had this before in a restaurant and always wondered how I would make it. Thank you for the recipe. Now, I get to make it at home daily. YUM!

    ReplyDelete